Thursday, January 01, 2009

Giggity



Happy New Year to all.

I don't have time to post now, but I had to offer this up for amusement. Some of you may have heard the controversy generated by Chip Saltsman, the Republican Senator from Tennessee. He apparently handed out a cd to members of the Republican National Committee featuring a song called "Barrack The Magic Negro".

Now, I'm not going to go political here and attack or defend this man. I just wanted to point out something...watching him on television, all I could think was : "Giggity, giggity, giggity." Saltsman is a dead ringer for Family Guy's Glenn Quagmire. For those who have never seen the show, Quagmire is a sexually obssessed pervert. Gotta love him.

So...any other living cartoon characters out there?

10 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I didn't think any human could look like Quagmire. I was wrong.

SQT said...

That is so funny.

It's not a cartoon exactly, but I always thought Heat Miser looked like Doris Roberts.

Stewart Sternberg said...

Hmm..Well Charles, occasionally it's good to be proven wrong. I'm not looking forward to the experience. Is it painful?

SQT..good one. Excellent. Here is another...Rush Limbaugh and Charlie Brown. Now, I'm not talking politics, I promise, but if you look at his publicity photo where he is staring at the camera and smiling, no cigar...and hold that up next to Schulz's boy..well...nuff said.

Akasha Savage said...

My hubby says I look like Marge Simpson!!

Lana Gramlich said...

*LOL* An acquaintence of mine in Canada is a dead ringer for Homer Simpson. Wish I had a photo...

L.A. Mitchell said...

wow..looks like he was the inspiration for the animators.

Happy New Year, S :)

Fab said...

Happy New Year, Stewart!

Stewart Sternberg said...

Ashka, does that mean you have tall blue hair?

Lana, it's amazing how many people tend to immediately seek association with the Simpsons or Family Guy...probably because those are the current most visual toons.

Happy New Year L.A.....and Happy New Year there in Belgium FAB.

Virginia Lady said...

I've been told I'm a cross between Thelma and Daphne from Scooby Doo. More of Thelma than of Daphne, but then my husband prefers Thelma so it's okay. I prefer Thelma too.

Kind of eerie how much he looks like Quagmire. Maybe they used him as a model?

Stewart Sternberg said...

The likesness is creepy, Virginia. Imagine how creepy it would be to see a baby that actually looked like Stewie.